Whippet Heat Rash Can My 5 Yr Old Whippet Be In Heat- Again?

Can my 5 yr old Whippet be in heat- again? - whippet heat rash

I took a 5-year-old whippet last fall, but are not sterilized. I made an appointment in December for her to become sterile, but warmed up. Her vulva is bigger and looks bloated, and I saw blood on the cover. She licked it clean the whole time, I did not look hard. I neutered a few weeks but I noticed her vulva is still great. It is not red and does not seem upset, and she was lame, but not often. I never saw blood. Is this normal? Could it be hot again?

4 comments:

EssJay Ö Think before you breed said...

different people can dogs come into heat every 6-12 months. If he's in the heat of December and the vulva extended again, it may have an infection of the uterus called pyometra, or they may be pregnant, yoou be sure not to be?
Do you drink more than usual?

I hope this is not a dog left outside all day?

Get your vet to do a review.

chi lover said...

As a rule, twice a year, but it has to have another dog, who was in the season, could return to start in the heat.

vetmedicine.about.com / od / pregnancybirt ...

On average, dogs have two cycles per year.
The estrus cycle lasts an average of 12-21 days, but may be as short as a few days to four weeks. The duration of the breeding season varies greatly between the different breeds and dogs.
The cycle length varies, even dogs of the same race. If you have any doubts, the long end of the range of cycle length.

Damaris said...

You must have your eyes today. It could be worse and could be very bad if you take in a few weeks.

Charlie, Stephy said...

shes may be hot or it could be a urinary tract infection. You should contact the vets

Post a Comment